Flicken's Blog

Ich bin Flicken, ja! Traditional Islam, food, guns, camping, grammar, Canadianna, Arabic, stuff.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Love Being a Nobody

When being the most powerful man on earth means that you're responsible for this sort of thing, I am very grateful to be a nobody. No power means no ability to inflict suffering. Why would anyone in their right mind ever want to have such a burden on their shoulders? I can only think of one reason: they do not believe in accountability.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM , Blogger alajnabiya said...

    I couldn't agree more. Even those political leaders who have gone into politics for idealistic reasons end up making compromise after compromise until they are as corrupt as all the rest. It takes a lot less than absolute power to corrupt absolutely. Look at our Palestinian leadership. The only former world leader I have any respect for is Jimmy Carter. I may not agree with everything he has done, but he does still seem to cling to some of his idealism and integrity.

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger Flicken said...

    As one of the Companions said, "If it were not for service to my parents and jihad in the path of Allah, I would have desired to be a slave."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home