Flicken's Blog

Ich bin Flicken, ja! Traditional Islam, food, guns, camping, grammar, Canadianna, Arabic, stuff.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Residency Renewed

Alhamdulillah, I received my renewed yearly residency yesterday. After the obligatory security clearance by the Jordanian intelligence, the obligatory blood test to ensure I'm free of infectious and contagious diseases, and the increased fees, there was yet another step this year: fingerprinting. Given how many steps there are in getting a yearly residency and how K-Town is known for being such a tough part of the 'hood, I decided to compose a gangsta rap couplet about getting residency:

One, two, three, four, five steps, another!
Stand back dude, I've got clearance, mother's brother!
(In Jordan, a polite way to refer to a man is khal, meaning, "mother's brother.")

The nice thing is that the Jordanian intelligence didn't actually call me in to their office. Ever since I applied for residency last year, they would call me in every time I'd re-enter the country. The last time I returned from Egypt late last summer, they said they'd no longer call me in to them, but rather, they'd meet me somewhere in Amman. Alhamdulillah, for the renewal of the yearly residency, they didn't meet me at all. At first, my background in shooting and guns bothered them. They wanted to make sure I wasn't Salafi, Shi'a, about to blow something up, and that I hadn't touched guns since I left Canada.

Yours,
Secret Agent Abu Fluffy

1 Comments:

  • At 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    K-Town is so rough... mad static in this 'hood. The peepz from here is known for being mad tough. Yeah.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home