Flicken's Blog

Ich bin Flicken, ja! Traditional Islam, food, guns, camping, grammar, Canadianna, Arabic, stuff.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Uranium In Jordan's Groundwater


Jordan's groundwater contains uranium, primarily because of the large uranium deposits in the region.

Last spring I went camping near Wadi Mujib with a bunch of Qasid boys. Not only did I drink copious amounts of groundwater, I also soaked in the stuff for a couple hours. If you've ever wondered why I have such a glow, the secret's out. I hate to brag, but some people find me to be a bit noor-otic.

In preparation for the trip, I bought a two-person tent from Carrefour. It turns out to actually be a 1/2 person tent: I had to sleep with my legs bent, which meant that my twisted knee was worse in the morning and I wasn't able to climb the next day. To make the situation more interesting, the number of campers exceeded the tent space available, so I ended up sharing my 1/2 person tent with another brother.

In the image of the tent, you'll see a pair of genuine Canadian combat boots next to it so you can get an idea of its actual size. I bought the boots used from Army Street in Zarqa. All the new stuff was plastic junk glued together. When a vendor showed me the new plastic boots I told him, "These aren't real army boots" to which he replied indignantly, "How would you know?" I guess he figured that guys who wear dresses have never served in the army. He was obviously unaware of the latest trends in macho dresses.

On the plus side, Jordan might make use of its uranium by producing a nuclear reactor, which would mean cheap electricity. On the down side, there's no safe way to dispose of the waste, and people might start accusing Jordan of trying to produce nuclear weapons. After all, only peaceful countries like the US and Israel should ever have nukes.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Umm...did your son drink from that water?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home