Flicken's Blog

Ich bin Flicken, ja! Traditional Islam, food, guns, camping, grammar, Canadianna, Arabic, stuff.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

What's a Jewish Muslim Anyway?

In a couple of my posts, I've referred to my Jewish-Muslim neighbour. Some people found this description a bit strange. What I mean by this is that he is ethnically Jewish (i.e. from Bani Isra'il) but religiously a Muslim. In Judaism 101, they define a Jew as, "any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism." Given that he has a Jewish mother (which reminds me -- I have to ask him if the jokes have any truth to them), I figured he's ethnically Jewish.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM , Blogger UmmFarouq said...

    Hey, we have a few of those in our family!
    And I think the Jewish mother/Arab mother (being cousins and all) stereotypes are one in the same.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home