Flicken's Blog

Ich bin Flicken, ja! Traditional Islam, food, guns, camping, grammar, Canadianna, Arabic, stuff.

Friday, March 14, 2008

RSCN Action Alert

The Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature made the unfortunate decision to charge foreigners with legal residency the same as tourists and visitors. Previously, the rule was that anyone with a Jordanian residence would be charged the same as a Jordanian. This decision was precisely what made me decide not to go to the Ajloun reserve and instead go to Zayy.

I called them up and complained, indicating that, since I earn a Jordanian income, I should be charged as a Jordanian. They thanked me for my perspective and said they'd mull over the issue until mid-May.

If you are in Amman, please call the RSCN at 461-6523 (ext. 1) Sunday through Thursday and tell them that legal residents should be charged the same as Jordanians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home