Flicken's Blog

Ich bin Flicken, ja! Traditional Islam, food, guns, camping, grammar, Canadianna, Arabic, stuff.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Skin Tone Ring Stone

I had been searching for a ring for some time. Not only is it sunna in the Shafi'i school for a man to wear a ring with a stone in it on his pinky (though there is a difference of opinion regarding which hand is superior), it's also very kewl. One day during fiqh class, my friend and neighbour, Abu Poule (NOT HIS REAL KUNYA) waved his hand while asking a question and there it was: the ring of my desire! Was it immoral for me to covet my neighbour's ring? A few days later, I asked him where he got it from and he said he had a bunch at home. (Abu Poule used to have an online store of Islamic paraphernalia, and these were his leftover wares.) Nothing beats being a walking advertisement for your stuff.

In natural lighting, the stone doesn't look as red as it does in the photo. It's actually a reddish brown, similar to my skin tone.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now you consider rings 'kewl' eh?

     
  • At 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A ring and good cake, all in one week. You're on a roll. --- uz

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home