Flicken's Blog

Ich bin Flicken, ja! Traditional Islam, food, guns, camping, grammar, Canadianna, Arabic, stuff.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fast Forward

So, it's been over two years since I posted. At the time, it was my wife, three children, and me in Richmond, BC. Now, it's my wife, three children and me in Amman, Jordan. I moved here in January, 2006. It might seem like quite a change moving across the world with five people and readjusting to a new culture.

In fact, it was a bigger change than you think. My then-wife didn't come along. So, to make a long story short, we divorced, I got remarried, had a fourth child from my current-wife who ended up dying in her 9th day of life, and got sued for insulting a police officer, all over the span of about a year and a half. Way back in 1999 I was moving the family from Waterloo to Tampa. I was waiting for US customs to tell me how much ammo I was allowed to take with me and we risked missing the flight. (For those interested, I was allowed 11 pounds of ammo.) My then-wife told me, "Life with you has never been boring." It's just that sometimes I wish it was a bit boring.

And here I am, living in Amman, happily married but gunless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home